MCFI Lab was taken over by Chemco in the 1980’s. Chemco Laboratory Services has been in business since the early 1989’s... At the start of 1990’s, the laboratory started specialising in the analysis of water, waste water from treatment plants, boiler water, swimming pool water, leaf, soil while improving method for the analysis of fertilisers and other plant foods and providing quality control services.
Nowadays, tailor-made services are offered to meet a wide range of customer needs including rush services, special packages and field services. It has established itself as a recognized quality testing facility in both chemical and microbiological testing and continues to increase its scope.
We perform analysis in areas like:
- Water Microbiology
- Water Chemistry
- Soil/ Plant Food Chemistry
- Food Microbiology
Chemco Laboratory is well-equipped with high-tech equipment like the Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometer (FL-AAS), Graphite Furnace (GF-AAS), Flame photometer, UV/ Visible Spectropho-tometer, Furnace, Closed Reflux Titrimetric method COD and Moisture Analyser amongst others.
The laboratory achieved ISO 17025 recommendation in December 2012 from MAURITAS for both its chemical and microbiological testing facilities.
Our procedures conform to APHA (American Public Health Association) and AOAC (Association of Official Analytical Chemist) Meth-ods of Analysis.
We also participate in SADCWATERLAB Profi-ciency Testing round organised by Namibia Water Corporation Ltd-(NAMWATER) and FAPAS (UK) round for chemical analyses of water to bench-mark our lab.
- Over 6 years of experience working within the hotel industry.
- A team of dedicated and qualified scientists and round the clock support
- Interpretation of results and after sales advice and support
- Fast turn-around time for delivery of reports.
- Up-to- date methods and techniques used in line with international norms
- Large variety of testing parameters
- Emergency response services to understand the results and implications on their systems.
- A robust documentation and quality system in order to provide evidence of due diligence in case of incidents.
- Alkaline Chemical Oxygen Demand
- Anions (HCO3-, CO32-, Cl-, NO3-, NO2-, PO4-, SO42-, S2-, SO32-)
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD)
- Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD)
- Dissolved Oxygen (DO)
- Free Residual Chlorine
- Hardness (Calcium, Magnesium, Total)
- Heavy Metals (Al, As, B, Cd, Cr, Co, Cu, Fe, Pb, Mn, Hg, Mo, Ni, Zn)
- Oil and Grease
- Other metals (Ca, Mg, K, Na)
- Settle-able Solids
- Sludge Volume Index
- Soap and Detergents
- Sodium Absorption Ratio (SAR)
- Suspended Solids (MLSS, MLVSS, TSS, VSS)
- Total Alkalinity
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen (TKN)
- Total Solids
Other required tests not within our capability to conduct are outsourced to well reputed accredited laboratories.